Submission for late breaking abstracts is now over. Main authors will be notified about the result before 1 September. Late breaking presentations (3-minutes) will take place in conjunction with the pitch-presentations sessions.
Authors of Late Breaking Abstracts must register before 20 September 2019.
Submissions are invited in the following categories (in alphabetic order):
- Alcohol, drugs and medicines related injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burns and Fire Prevention
- Child and adolescent safety
- Consumer product safety and safety of services
- Falls in older people
- Home safety
- Interpersonal violence
- Intervention design, monitoring and evaluation
- Occupational safety
- Prevention of intoxications
- Road safety
- Safe Communities
- Safety legislation and enforcement
- Safety promotion policies and action plans
- Self-harm and suicide prevention
- Sport and recreation
- Surveillance, research methods, and evaluation
- Technology – solutions and applications for safety
- Water safety and drowning prevention
The conference will also address cross-cutting issues such as: good practices in injury surveillance, translating research into practice and policy; innovations in safety education, communications and social marketing; and technological developments."
- All abstracts for short paper presentations must be submitted before 15 August, 2019 ;
- Abstracts must include a clear title (max. 20 words) and name of author who acts as presenter underlined (including author’s affiliation and e-mail address) ;
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
1. Introduction 2. Methods 3. Results 4. Conclusion
- The length of the abstract text should be between 300-400 words (in clear English) ;
- Tables, charts and other graphics are not permitted ;
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail ;
- Abstracts will be reviewed by at least 2 members of the Programme Committee ;
- Abstract authors of accepted abstracts must register to the conference before 21 June 2019. Registration ensures publication and presentation ;
- All accepted abstracts (except for late-breakers) will be published in an abstract book that will be printed, distributed among the participants and published on the conference website after the event.
If you need any further information on the programme and abstract submission process, please contact the programme coordinator via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission for scholarships is now closed. We will provide definitive confirmation as to the number of scholarships by 21 June 2019.
The following conditions were set to scholarship applications:
- The main author should be based in the WHO-European Region ;
- Main author’s abstract shall be reviewed and accepted for presentation ate EU-Safety 2019 ;
- A request for scholarship shall be sent in before 10 April 2019 ;
- Scholar shall complete the full registration by 21 June 2019.
A preliminary request for scholarship support can be sent to Dritan Bejko at the Luxembourg Institute of Health: Dritan.Bejko@lih.lu.
In collaboration with
Supported by the Luxembourg National Research Fund